The Professional Connection System (‘PCS’) is the all-new quick attach/quick release connection system from Rycote. The first Rycote PCS product is the new PCS-Boom Connector, which has been designed for professional boom pole use.
The PCS-Boom Connector is an incredibly convenient and efficient way to simplify and speed-up the fitting and removal of any accessory to a 3/8″ male threaded boom pole. And, importantly, it provides a completely secure and silent connection during use!
Introducing the PCS-Boom Connector range.
A range of optional attachment products are also available for the PCS-Boom Connector – for easy and seamless integration of ‘PCS’ into your kit.
Attach the Connector to any 3/8″ threaded boom pole, and affix the included 3/8″ male ‘tip’ to your mic’s shock-mount or windshield. Universal 3/8″ compatibility!
for PCS-Boom Connector
The neatest, lightest and simplest way to integrate the Professional Connection System into your existing Rycote windshield kit!
Rock solid, noise-free connection.
Crucially for professional audio use, the PCS-Boom Connector is designed to remain completely secure and noise-free during use… essential for anything going on the end of a boom pole!
The thread connection is a high-grade aluminium, with a twin locking screw arrangement. The connection grips the boom pole thread, without damaging it – and makes for a reassuringly solid connection.
Easy connection & release mechanism.
With its easy one handed ‘click-in’ attachment and pull collar release mechanism, the PCS-Boom Connector provides incredibly fast and easy operation.
The positive ‘click’ on being pressed in and fitted gives you the confidence that it is connected and secure. Releasing is a simple matter of pulling down the outer collar on the PCS-Boom Connector – completely intuitive.
The PCS-Boom Connector has been designed to provide a more convenient way to attach and remove kit on and off your boom pole – whilst also providing a sturdy and quiet connection in use.
We’ve rigorously tested the PCS-Boom Connector in development – exposing it to all sorts of extreme conditions and subjecting it to thousands of operational ‘cycles’ – all to help ensure long and reliable service.
Features and Compatibility
- Designed for professional boom pole use, with any 3/8” threaded boom pole
- Intuitive and incredibly easy attachment and release mechanism – for fast and simple swapping of mics (in shock mounts/windshields)
- Single handed, positive locking operation – just press in and ‘click’ to connect
- Rock solid and noise free in operation – for audio critical boom pole use
- Lightweight (only 53g Connector + Tip combined), small and durable
- Secure locking with 100 Newton maximum load (equivalent to 10kg/22lbs in a fixed position)
- Made out of robust, high quality materials in neutral colours (black and grey), with non-reflective finish
- Locks to boom pole without damaging the boom pole thread
- Designed and made in the UK
- Extensively tested in Germany
- Compatible with any make / manufacturer of microphone shock-mount, suspension or windshield kit with a female 3/8″ thread
- Compatible with any accessories with a female 3/8″ thread (incl. boom poles but also antennas, ‘magic arms’, mic stands, etc.)