The Zoom H8 is the Only Recorder That Adapts To Your Way Of Creating. 12 simultaneous recording tracks, interchangeable capsules, and an App-driven touchscreen interface, the H8 is designed to meet all your audio recording needs.
Whether you’re capturing audio on location, recording music, or producing a podcast, the H8 color touchscreen adapts to your project's needs with three App-driven interface options. All with the touch of your finger.
The PODCAST App makes producing your podcast simple. With dedicated Sound Pads, use the touch screen to trigger sound effects, music beds and more. Choose from 13 high quality sounds or load your own via an SD card.
The Podcast App accommodates up to 4 mics and two Sound Pad channels.
The MUSIC App puts all the important controls at your fingertips: audio levels, faders, metering and more. With 10 inputs and 12 tracks, capturing a large group is easy. Mix, overdub, and enhance your recordings with EQ and compression. Connect to Zoom’s Guitar Lab via USB to access an endless assortment of amps and effects.
The FIELD App is ideal for location sound, sound design, conferences, and more. It gives you instant access to large meters for every track, so you can make sure your recordings never clip. Adjust input type, lo-cut, compression, limiter, noise gate, and other key settings.
The H8 comes with the Zoom XYH-6 microphone. This capsule provides two matched high-quality unidirectional mics, for capturing signal directly in front of the recorder. With the Zoom mic capsule system you can easily swap capsules to ensure you’re always using the right mic for the job.
Six interchangeable mic capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lenses of a camera.
Zoom’s Capsule System 2.0 allows up to 4 channels of audio to be added to the H8's capsule connection, creating new ways to expand your recording capabilities.
You can monitor level meters and hit REC,PLAY, and STOP in each H8 application mode. Just insert the BTA-1 to your H8 and connect to your iOS device.
*BTA-1 sold separately.
H8 offers 4 XLR inputs with dedicated pad switches and gain control. 2 additional XLR/TRS combo jacks with Hi-Z switches allow you to capture line level signals, microphones, or directly record electric guitars and basses.
Monitor tracks using the built-in 1/8” headphone output or connect directly to your camera using the dedicated stereo line output.
The H8 is a powerful USB audio interface. Connect via USB to your PC, Mac, iPad or tablet for up to 12 channels of simultaneous recording.
Get more than 15 hours of recording time from just 4 AA batteries. Or record forever with the optional AD-17 adapter.
The H8 records BWF-compliant WAV and MP3 files in any of the following formats:
Here's what comes in the package:
- Customized applications for field recording, music and podcasting
- 3 distinct interfaces for field recording, music and podcasting
- Interchangeable input capsules
- 12-track simultaneous recording
- Four mic inputs and two XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Gain control knobs and -20dB pads for each input
- Supplied XYH-6 X/Y capsule provides secondary input via a stereo ⅛” Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Phantom power for four main XLR inputs: +24/+48V
- Large color LCD touchscreen display
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
- Up to 24-bit /96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression, and limiting
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Over 15 hours of operation with 4 AA alkaline batteries
- H8 Handy Recorder
- XYH-6 X/Y Mic Capsule
- AA Batteries (x4)
- Quick Guide