Pre Order EAN: 0859108005420
Price: 675,00€ + VAT
Price (VAT included): 823,50€
MM-1 Microphone preamplifier
The portable MM-1 combines two essential production functions — microphone preamplification and headphone monitoring — in one compact product.
The MM-1 is a no-compromise, studio-quality microphone preamplifier with phantom power, high-pass filter, and built-in limiter.
With its monitoring function providing fold-back of preamp audio and external monitor audio, the MM-1 is at home in the most complex broadcast remotes, theatrical productions, and intercom setups.
Highly versatile and portable, Sound Devices' MM-1 is a single-channel, portable microphone preamplifier with a powerful headphone monitoring function. Proven in mission-critical applications, the high-performance microphone preamp's transformer-balanced input and output and bipolar ±15 volt power supply produce low-noise, low-distortion gain at all switch positions. It features an "unclippable" dual-stage limiter and two-position high-pass filter. Flexible microphone powering provides phantom power at 48 volts or 12 volts and 12-volt T-power. It is powered from two-AA batteries or external 5-18 VDC.
The MM-1 is at home in high-definition television production, corporate/industrial environments, radio/television announce booths, and music production. Its headphone monitor is an advantage in applications where communications channels or mix-minus feeds need to be monitored in headphones. The user can monitor both microphone audio and external audio sources in headphones with level control.
The MM-1 is designed to be durable. Its aluminum chassis, oversized end panels, machined knobs, and panel mounted connectors assure reliable mechanical operation.
- Maximum of 66 dB of gain, in eleven discrete steps
- Dynamic range exceeding 120 dB
- 10 Hz to 50 kHz audio bandwidth
- High immunity to RF interference
- High current line output driver
- Transformer-balanced input and output
- Extended range peak limiter via dual opto-isolators makes preamplifier virtually "unclippable"
- Selectable 48-volt / 12-volt phantom power or 12-volt “T" power
- High-pass filter @ 80 or 160 Hz, 6 dB per octave
- Headphone monitoring of microphone audio, monitor audio, or a mix of both
- Monitor input accepts mono, balanced or unbalanced line-level inputs on 1/4-inch tip-ring-sleeve connector
- Separate level control of Monitor gain and overall headphone gain
- Split ear function via DIP switches
- Internal battery power (two-AA)
- Excellent battery life with alkaline and NiMH rechargeable batteries
- External 5-17 VDC powering (plug included)
- High-strength aluminum chassis with durable belt clip
For more information, please visit this products webpage