Price: 606,00€ + VAT
Price (VAT included): 739,32€
Schoeps CMC 6Ug Microphone Amplifier with balanced, very low-impedance output for use also with long cables (several hundred meters)
can be used with active accessories for miniaturization and special applications (see here).
The CMC microphone amplifiers are not amplifiers in the classical sense. Their chief task is to convert the extremely high-impedance signal from the capsule to a very low-impedance one suitable for transmission through a microphone cable. The versions differ in their powering, connectors, output levels and surface finishes, but they all feature a class-A output stage which has neither coupling condensers nor an output transformer. This leads to low source impedance (insensitivity to electrical interference), low distortion, and light weight.
On the choice of amplifier type:
If a recording device has balanced inputs but lacks phantom powering, it may be possible to add 12 Volt powering rather easily by using a supply voltage that is already present internally. In most cases 48 Volts would need to be generated with a voltage multiplier circuit, which is more difficult to implement. That is why we recommend the CMC 6U#, which works with both 12 V and 48 V phantom powering so long as it conforms to the relevant standard.
If it is certain that 48 Volt phantom powering will be available in all foreseeable recording situations, the CMC 5U# can be recommended.
A slight difference between the CMC 5 and the CMC 6 occurs at the bottom of the frequency range. The CMC 5 rolls off below 30 Hz, while with digital recording in mind, the CMC 6 is essentially flat to 20 Hz.
The CMC 3U# is designed for 12 Volt phantom powering. If necessary it can also be driven from certain 48 Volt phantom supplies, but it will draw significantly more current than a CMC 5U# or CMC 6U# (a CMC 3 draws 11 mA at 48 V).
The CMC 4U# works only with 12 Volt parallel powering (“T-feed”), which is seldom encountered except in certain film and video sound applications.
- flat frequency response
- very low harmonic distortion and noise
- works with 12V and 48V phantom power
- balanced, low-impedance output
- high suppression of interference on the microphone cable
- excellent protection against high-frequency radio interference with "RFI Shield"
- frequency-independent impedance
- signal transmission possible over very long cables
- reliable operation even with weak phantom power
- symmetrical, transformer- and capacitor-free output stage with a class-A amplifier
- above 20 kHz, the signal is attenuated for protection against interference in the ultrasonic range, e.g. through the ultrasonic autofocus of a film camera
For more information, please visit this products webpage