Stereo Windshield WS AE ORTF Kit is suitable for ORTF configuration with compact condenser microphones including Schoeps CCM or Sennheiser MKH8000 series. (Connbox is not included)
- Complete kit for ORTF with compact condenser microphones
- More robust: elastic bands have been replaced by the virtually unbreakable Lyre suspensions
- Light-weight system is fast and easy to set up
- Outstanding isolation from shocks and vibrations
- The Rycote ORTF Kits are perfect for ORTF stereo recording which was pioneered by the engineers at the French state broadcaster in the 1960s, and is defined as using a stereo pair of microphones with the capsules spaced 17cm apart, and at an angle of 110 degrees to each other.The Stereo Windshield WS AE ORTF Kit is designed for matched pairs of Schoeps CCM or Sennheiser MKH 8000 mics. It consists of a Lyre suspension, a cable clamp, and a 145mm Stereo Windshield & Windjammer large enough to comfortably accommodate the microphones. A specially designed Rycote mounting adapter bar keeps the microphones at the correct spacing and angle for ORTF recording, and the Lyre suspension and shared windshield combine to provide a solution that is extremely resistant to wind noise and unwanted vibrations such as cable-borne and handling noise.
A Connbox is not included in this kit, and is available as an optional upgrade for additional isolation from cable-borne noise and vibration. We offer two other variants of the ORTF kit which include a Rycote Connbox with 5-pin XLR output:
Stereo Windshield WS AE ORTF Kit (LEMO) includes a Connbox with detachable 130mm Binder cables with Lemo termination for use with Schoeps CCMs.
Stereo Windshield WS AE ORTF Kit (MZL) includes a Connbox with detachable 130mm Binder cables with MZL termination for use with Sennheiser MKH 8020, 8040, or 8050 mics