The MixPre-3M and MixPre-6M are the newest members of the versatile MixPre M-Series and record up to 12 tracks of studio-grade audio and offer built-in musician-focused features like overdub, track laying, punch in/out, bounce, reverb, vocal air, and metronome. The M-Series can also stream multiple channels of audio via USB to a computer—ideal for music composers working with a DAW.
Meticulously engineered to offer extreme flexibility and sound quality, the versatile M-Series sets a new standard for what’s possible from an audio recorder. The M-Series models feature Sound Devices’ world-class Kashmir™ mic preamps and ultra-low-noise A-to-D architecture—offering the tone and warmth of analog recordings desired by all musicians and audiophiles.
Examples of how you can use these powerful features:
Some key features of the MixPre-3M and MixPre-6M include:
- Track-laying and overdubbing a multi-layered song without a DAW
- Premium-quality USB audio interface for any DAW
- Streamlined tracking-to-editing workflow in a DAW
- Mixing and recording small ensemble live performance
- Playback of multichannel pre-recorded backing tracks
- Recording live events, concerts, and band rehearsals
- Exceptional audio quality – featuring ultra-low-noise Kashmir mic preamps (four in the MixPre-6M, three in the MixPre-3M) handcrafted by Sound Devices. These preamps feature discrete, Class-A components with analog limiters offering musicians and songwriters the highest quality, distortion-free, musically-lush audio recordings.
- Song creation – the MixPre M-Series has the ability to simultaneously record, playback, mix, monitor, layer, and overdub up to 12 tracks, with the bounce feature helping to free up additional tracks. The MixPre-6M can record up to four tracks simultaneously, while the MixPre-3M can record up to three. Other features include vintage reverb and vocal air effects, metronome, punch in and out, and the ability to locate to cue points.
- Multi-track USB audio interfaces – stream up to eight tracks (MixPre-6M) and five tracks (MixPre-3M) of audio for a Mac or Windows computer at up to 96k. They also feature the unique ability to simultaneously record to an SD card while streaming audio via USB.
- Mixer for live performance – feeds directly into a PA and adjust levels, or playback pre-prepared multi-channel backing tracks for solo performers.
- Easy file sharing – musicians can export their mix to an SD card or to a computer as a stereo WAV or AAC file, ideal for emailing or uploading to music sharing platforms.
- Anytime, anywhere powering – featuring convenient detachable sleds for AA batteries (four or eight) or hot-swappable Li-Ion batteries sleds. The MixPre-3M and MixPre-6M recorders can also be powered via USB-C from a computer or included MX-PSU power adapter.
- Versatile I/O routing – the MixPre-3M offers three XLR balanced Mic/Line level inputs. The MixPre-6M has four balanced XLR/TRS combo Mic/Line level inputs. Each input provides 96dB of gain, 48v phantom power, low cut filters and limiters. Additionally, both recorders have a 3.5mm 2-channel Aux/Mic input, USB inputs from a MAC or PC (two for the 3M, four for the 6M), and a 3.5mm stereo output.
For more information, please visit this products webpage