CL-8 Controller for the 788T Digital Recorder.
The CL-8 is a mixing control surface companion to the company’s new 788T recorder which provides additional capabilities to the 788T without a significant increase in weight, making it adaptable to a variety of field productions.
The CL-8 features eight large, rotary faders to control the eight inputs of the 788T. It offers command over numerous input settings, including high-pass filter, limiter, polarity, and mute. When used with the CL-8, the original 788T input controls function as input trims, and the CL-8 controls offer fader control. To ensure accurate and clear marking of tracks, the CL-8 is able to manage the 788T’s built-in slate mic. For rapid setups in the field, the CL-8 allows users to quickly assign inputs to the main left and right record tracks. With a push of the input knob, users also have the ability to solo an input in headphones so they can concentrate on a specific track within their recording.
With the CL-8 users now have access to two additional recording tracks (Aux 1 and Aux 2) through the CL-8’s associated firmware, for total of 10 record tracks. These new tracks can be used to provide auxiliary sends for more comprehensive setups. Inputs can be assigned to Aux tracks pre- or post-fader. LED’s indicate when signals are present. The CL-8 can be connected to a keyboard through the controller’s USB keyboard pass-through port.
"The CL-8 adds powerful mixer functionality to the 788T," says Matt Anderson, Director of Engineering for Sound Devices. "With its small addition of weight and size, the CL-8 turns a 788T into a very flexible eight-channel recording and mixing environment for both portable 'bag' systems as well as cart-based productions.".
- Eight faders for level control of 788T inputs
- Tactile buttons for control of high-pass, limiter, polarity, and mute of each input
- Button to activate the slate microphone on the 788T
- Quickly assign inputs to Left, Right, Aux 1, and Aux 2 record tracks
- Signal presence and input peak indicators
- LED indicators for Left, Right, Aux1, Aux2, limiter, high-pass, and polarity indicators
- Bus-powered by the 788T
- Connects directly to the 788T using the USB port, with USB keyboard pass-through; can be mounted directly to the 788T
- Aluminum and stainless-steel construction
- Designed for the same operational environmental extremes as Sound Devices field mixers
For more information, please visit this products webpage