Price: 5.200,00€ + VAT
Price (VAT included): 6.344,00€
The Nagra Seven has been designed as the successor to the Nagra LB, ARES-C and the ARES-BB+ recorders, as well as to fill a gap in the current market. It is designed to be a flexible device and can be adapted to a multitude of specific applications depending on the internal options installed. The base machine is a 2 channel 24-bit digital recorder offering sampling frequencies up to 192 kHz, and is equipped with AES 42 facilities for digital microphones. Similar in size to the LB, the Seven offers a selection of internal optional circuit cards to allow it to be adapted according to requirements. The hardware options consist of 3G and Wifi, SMPTE/EBU time code and ISDN communication possibilities. In addition there are software options for internal audio editing and audio compression.
TIME CODE OPTION INCLUDED
The Seven offers two analogue audio inputs and a single stereo digital input. It will record in PCM linear audio at sampling frequencies up to 192 kHz or in MPEG-1 layer II compressed audio formats if the compression option is installed. The inputs are equipped with traditional Nagra microphone pre-amplifiers for dynamic and phantom +48V microphones and offer a range of switchable sensitivities to accomadate all common microphones. AES-42 microphones can also be used as the recorder can supply the necessary 10V dc supply voltage on the AES input. The analogue LINE input will accept up to +24dB allowing it to be connected to a standard audio mixer in the field.
The Nagra Seven has a state-of-the-art colour touchscreen allowing greater flexibility in the display modes and screens, but also eliminating all switches which are the weakest link in modern electronics.
The audio levels, current operating mode and status of the recorder are shown on the touchscreen display mounted on the front of the unit. The screen is sunlight readable, and gives access to the entire menu structure of the recorder. Various programmable "short cuts" are available giving many personalization possibilities.
The Nagra Seven is fitted with an internal micro SD flash memory. The main extractable media is an SD memory card which inserts into the slot on the left side of the recorder (see picture above).
USB 2.0 port
A micro-AB USB port allows the unit to be connected to a computer for file transfer. With an interface adaptor, the same port can also be used to connect an external device such as a USB memory stick or computer keyboard for data entry.
Editing and communication
If the optional editing option is installed, then graphic editing of the audio files is possible on the main display. Once the editing of the audio material is complete, files can be transmitted to the studio either over IP (through the ethernet connection using the File Transfer Protocol "FTP" connection) or via a GSM phone using 3G or by Wifi (if the option is installed).
SMPTE / EBU Time code
The Nagra Seven has an optional internal time code board that works with all currently accepted frame rates including those for HD TV. It will handle both drop and non-drop frame rates, and will allow pull-up/down too.
Start / Stop
A 3.5mm miniature Jack socket is fitted for remote fader start/stop commands. This will allow the unit to be remotely controlled by a simple switch closure.
The Nagra Seven
powered by a lithium-polxmer rechargeable battery pack, that will power the unit for about 8 hours. However, if transmission options such as WiFi or 3G are used the battery life will be reduced. Rechargable "AA" cells or even dry cells (in an emergency) can also be used in the supplied battery compatment.
- Internal storage MIcro SD Flash memory card
- Removable media SD Flash memorycard
- Disk format FAT 16 / 32
- Recording Method Linear digital PCM, optional:MPEG 1 layer II
- File type 16 / 24 bit Broadcast Wave File BWF (WAV)
- A/D & D/A conversion 24 Bit Sigma Delta
- Bit rates 32 kbits/s up to 384 kbits/sec
- Tracks 2 individual
- Sampling Rate 44.1, 48 kHz, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz
- Recording capacity 1hr at 24 bit 48 kHz per GB of memory
- Pre-recording buffer Programmable
- Display Colour LCD touchscreen
- Level meters On colour display
Limiters On microphone inputs
- Digital input XLR 3-pole / AES 42
- Analogue inputs
- 2 x XLR Microphone (Dynamic, +48V Phantom) / line
- Microphone input sensitivity 2.8, 10 and 40 mV/Pa selectable
- Mic input noiseUin < 1µV (2.8 and 10 mV) @ 220Ω Uin < 1.6µV (40 mV)
- Line input sensitivity Adjustable from -6 dBm up to +24 dBm for 0 dBFS recording
- THD at 1 kHz 2.8mV Mic <0.2%, 10mV Mic <0.1%, line <0.1% (measured on AES out)
- Frequency response Mic, 10Hz - 75 kHz (+0 - 3dB), Line 10 Hz - 90 kHz (+0 -1dB) (measured on AES out)
- Signal-to-noise ratio >110 dB ASA "A"
- Input level adjustment range 45 dB Mic and from -6 to +24 dB Line
- Input filters LFA
- Internal microphone On the front panel
- Crosstalk Mic >70dB : Line > 110dB
- Analogue line output XLR 4.4V max (+15 dBm)
- Crosstalk >110 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio >100 dB
- Digital output XLR AES-3 (24 bit or 16 bit)
- THD+N <0.004%
- Frequency response 10 Hz - 75 kHz (+0-3dB)
- Headphones Stereo 6.3mm (¼”) Jack 50 Ω
- Internal speaker 0.3W
- USB Micro AB connector
- M/S Decoder Switchable
- Ethernet RJ 45
- Dimensions 165 x 175 x 65mm (W x H x D) (Incl. battery box)
- Weight 800g (1.75 lbs) (Incl. battery pack)
- Power supply External 15V
- Power Consumption Approximately 5W
- Charge time Approximately 3 hours
- Battery life >5 hours
- Relative humidity From 10% to 99% (non condensing)
For more information, please visit this products webpage