Multi-Track Digital Audio Recorder AATON Cantar X3
• Perfect ergonomics for cart or shoulder operation
• Swiveling front panel with ultra bright large color display (Transvideo design)
• User friendly with intuitive menus and confortable mechanical controls
• Uncompromised audio quality with unique on-board mixer
• Features integrated reports (PDF and Database), AutoSlate detection, Playback & Record...and more
The package includes:
1 Dual battery charger
1 tool kit
- 48 Analog & Digital Inputs : 8 low noise mic preamps with very high quality transformer. 48V Phantom, limiters and filters, 4 analog line level inputs, AES digital inputs include, 2 AES42 pairs (Mode 2), 8 AES/EBU and 24 Dante audio inputs.
- 40 Outputs : 8 Analog line level outputs, 12 AES digital outputs, 24 Dante Audinat audio outputs
- 4 Recording Media : Records and playback to and from internal 256G SSD (can be expanded to larger SSD, simultaneous recording to internal SSD drive, 2 SD cards and USB external drive
Metering & Controls : Ultra bright large swiveling LCD display panel, visibility optimized for shoulder work or cart, 2 large rotary control selectors for easy operation in any situation, 8 rotary potentiometers positioned so the operator's hands rest on them in a perfectly natural position, on board ten-channel fader plate with magnetic linear assignable faders, direct access to monitoring and set-up functions through dedicated buttons
- General specifications : Open and modular mechanical device with analog, digital and independent display modules for easy maintenance and 'anti-obsolescence' possibilities. Avionic aluminium box. Water-resistant and dustproof.
- Dimensions : 240 X 320 X 90 mm - Weight : 3,550 Kg - (4,010 Kg with 2 batteries)
- Connectivity : 4 Balanced analog XLR-3 mic/line, 4 Balanced analog XLR-5 (mic/line or line only), 2 DB25 (balanced analog out, AES I/O), 2 TA3M (AES42 Mode 2), 2 Gigabit Ethernet (1 Dante, 1 PC Connect), 3 USB 2.0 [(1) keyboard, (2) external devices], 1 3.5 mm (external slate input), 1 6.35 mm (headphones), 1 XLR4 (external DC input), 1 Hirose 4-Pin (DC output), embedded WiFi and Bluetooth (APP based communication), DVI (external video monitor), 1 3M 26P (accessory port), 1 BNC (World Clock),Timecode (Lemo 5P)
- Functionalities : All inputs can be routed to any of the tracks. All tracks and inputs can be routed to 8 analog auxiliary outputs and /or digital outputs. Linear control faders addressable to any inputs and output. Linear control faders assignable to Mixdown of 10 isolated tracks to 1 or 2 mixdown tracks, mixdown can be assigned to any of the tracks. Eight rotary potentiometers for direct control of balanced mic/line inputs. Simultaneous recording to multiple media, or backup copying of recorded tracks post-record. New improved interface menu accessible through buttons, jog wheel. All inputs and outputs monitoring and routing available through comprehensive and intuitive menus. 16 or 24-bit Broadcast Wave File recording at sample rates from 44.1kHz~192kHz with support for pull-up/down recording rates. Sample Rate Converters on all digital inputs. Variable Delay on all analog inputs and outputs. 10-second pre-record buffer. Generous 48V phantom supply guarantees 8mA to each of the eight microphones. High-pass filters before preamp stage, LFA and EQ. Native monophonic BWF recording with optional polyphonic real-time mirroring to removable media. Self-generated PDF and CSV sound reports embedded with deliverable media. Metadata entry of Scene, Take, Notes, Track Names, Roll and more with support for US and Euro-centric metadata templates. Scene/Take file naming structure. Aaton AutoSlate automatic slate clap detection and logging. Built-in slate mic with external slate input on 3.5mm connector. High precision 1ppm timecode generator supports all common frame rates. Remote Record and Stop triggered by external timecode. Rec&Play: record live audio while playing back pre-recorded files. Enhanced playback monitoring with waveform display on front panel. M/S recorded tracks automatically decoded to L/R for mixdown and/or monitoring. USB keyboard input for easy metadata editing and routing control. X3 reads and displays battery metadata. Compatible with the original Cantarem.
- Accessories : Multiple batteries chargers configuration (2 to 20 sockets) in simultaneous charging. Softwares : Tarkan, Majax updated for last OS (2015).
For more information, please visit this products webpage