Schoeps Double M/S Set Double MS Set MDMSMod:[SCDMSDMSU] Prod: Schoeps
Not Available Price: 6.975,00€ + VAT
Double M/S Set Double MS Set 'MDMS'
”Double M/S” is an improved version of the well-known M/S stereo recording technique. In addition to a front-facing cardioid or supercardioid ”mid” microphone and a figure-8 ”side” microphone, a rear-facing directional microphone is set up. The front- and rear-facing microphones share the signal of the figure-8 microphone so as to form two complete, back-to-back M/S systems. One M/S system then provides the three front channels (the center channel signal being provided directly by the mid microphone of the front system), while the other system provides the two surround channels. An arrangement of this kind allows flexible processing of the stereo surround image width and post-production adjustment for both of the M/S pairs.
This complete set for Double M/S recordings entails the following:
- 2 × CCM 4VL cardioid compact microphones (or a CCM 41VL supercardioid can be substituted for the forward-facing cardioid at a small increase in price)
- 1 × CCM 8L figure-8 compact microphone
- special shock mount for the three compact microphones
- adapter cable from three Lemo plugs to one XLR-7 output
- WSR DMS LU basket-type windscreen
- WJ DMS ”Windjammer” windscreen cover
- K DMS 5 U; 5-meter (16.5') XLR-7 extension cable
- M DMS U matrix box
The SCHOEPS M DMS matrix is, in all respects, the simplest and most elegant way to obtain surround signals. It is a small, sturdy box with high-quality transformers forming a passive decoder matrix. Microphone signals are converted directly into 5.0 L / R / C / LS / RS surround signals. A second, switchable mode supplies four signals with no center-channel output.
For more information, please visit this products webpage.
Rated 5/5 (1 Vote)